Are you looking for a versatile job where you can use your social skills to the fullest? Do you have friendliness and hospitality written all over you? Are you available for 16 to 24 hours a week? Keep reading to find out whether Hospitality Employee is the right job for you.
I want to apply
What’s your job as Hospitality Specialist at New Story like?
You’re an important face at New Story. You welcome clients with a nice cup of coffee and surprise your colleagues every day with an elaborate lunch. Meanwhile, you’re the point of contact for everyone in the office and make sure that nothing is missing. You also organize inspiring corporate events and the best parties together with our Hospitality team. In a nutshell:
- The reception area is your showroom. From the moment people come in to the moment they leave, you make sure our clients and partners have the best possible experience.
- Thanks to you our meeting rooms always look perfectly neat, before and after every meeting.
- Every day you take care of a delicious lunch for your colleagues and our clients.
- You offer support to the daily office proceedings.
- You’re the first point of contact for property maintenance and make sure that any related issues are solved.
- You initiate and organize events that no one wants to miss.
What we would like to see from you
‘Hire for attitude, train for skills’, is a mantra that fits New Story well. Do you fall short in certain areas and want to compensate with a healthy dose of eagerness to learn? The knowledge you lack, we can teach. In fact, we’d love to. We’re happy to have a chat!
Here’s the list of qualities we’re looking for and it’s okay if you don’t have the Royal Flush:
- You’re a team player with an eye for detail.
- You’re hospitable, sociable and are there for your colleagues and our clients.
- You have experience with client contact in whatever form. Have you worked as a waiter/waitress or have you tended a bar? We’re curious about your stories.
- You're available for 16 -24 hours a week. Wednesday and Thursday are fixed days, the third day may differ.
- You’re flexibly available between 08:00 and 18:00 o’clock.
- You’re passionate about cooking and enjoy doing it.
- You have a HACCP certificate.
What you can expect from us
Needless to say you can expect an excellent salary and all the perks that come with good employer practices. But just as important is the environment that we offer. High on a dune and overlooking the sea, you’re immersed in a culture that is ambitious in a healthy way, where a team - diverse in age, experience and expertise - is putting in the miles together. You get the time to study to keep developing, perhaps in our innovation lab. We don’t feel much for linear learning processes though. Our ever-changing world constantly puts us all to the test. We trust in each other, look for solutions together and share the knowledge that we gain along the way. We often stick around after working hours to talk about the wildest projects.
The multidisciplinary nature of our organization allows you to look across the border of your own domain. You work together with experts that provide context to your working activities. You not only know what you’re making, but above all why. Is development important to you? You can’t escape it at New Story.
The hardware you get to work with
Good news for fanboys and girls: we work with ramped up MacBooks that connect to well-equipped working stations at the office. Since Corona we’re sure that your keyboard taps just as comfy at home, so we’ll help you with the set-up you require there as well.
New Story: the short story
We are Creative Marketing Engineers working to make progress every day. We believe that the growth of our Newstorians is ahead of our clients’ digital evolution. Our team consists of 70+ experts that can roughly be divided into strategists, creatives, marketers, UX-writers and a multidisciplinary group of developers. Together we make beautiful things that work. This is mainly reflected in the on-going development and growth of digitally driven platforms.
More about New Story
We take time
We’re glad to get to know you in person during a laid back conversation where you can be fully yourself. We prefer to discuss your motivation at the office, with a cup of coffee. This way you get a sense of New Story’s vibe.
E-mail your CV to Samantha den Boer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A link to an up-to-date LinkedIn profile is also fine with us.